[2.7.0] - 2020-05-29
- Adds new section to Cycle's Project Directory panel for creating, viewing, and editing of Example Sets within Cycle, read more.
- Adds a Safe Delete for tags that only deletes if a tag is not used by any other Example Sets.
- Adds a new menu item for
File > Recent > Projectsto easily reopen recent projects.
- Adds a new web Step for "I see element is clickable".
- Adds comma separated view for rows with multiple tags in Example Sets.
- Adds instructions to empty state of Example Sets lists to direct user when data store has not been configured.
- Adds the ability to rename existing Example Sets.
- Adds the ability to sort or filter Example Set rows by all columns including tags.
- Adds the ability to tab between cells of an Example Set in the main viewer.
- Adds the option to delete example sets from the context menu.
- Adds validation logic for column names in Example Set Viewer.
- Adds validation to Example Sets to disallow duplicate column names.
- Changes Data Store Connection settings to a top-level option on the Project Settings panel.
- Changes Data Store Connection settings to be locked while there are unsaved changes in one or more open Example Sets.
- Fixes an issue causing Cycle to lag significantly when closing or opening a project with many tabs open.
- Fixes an issue that stopped Cycle from opening saved playlists under certain conditions.
- Fixes an issue with the unsaved changes indicator not always displaying on Example Set tabs with unsaved changes.
- Fixes an issue with the View Details button on passed terminal steps not opening the details dialog box.
[2.6.1] - 2020-04-02
- Adds new Steps "I assign dollar variables
to MOCA environment variables" as well as an "adding prefix..." version
- Adds new Step "I assign chevron variables
to dollar variables adding prefix..."
- Adds new Step "I verify variables
- Adds new Step "I unassign variables
- Adds new Step "I verify screen is done loading in terminal"
- Fixes an issue with html reports not always generating after Cycle CLI executions.
- Fixes an issue with how Cycle logs usage.
[2.6.0] - 2020-02-28
This version was removed after 2.6.1 resolved a critical bug in how Cycle logs usage.
- Adds a Step for "I see element is clickable" to validate web element clickability.
- Adds a Step to open headless chrome browser and a new setting to default to a headless webdriver of remote machines.
- Adds new 24 month version sunset policy.
- Adds improved performance for SSH terminal Group Tests.
- Adds new Step to assign all chevron variables to MOCA environment variables and add a prefix to them.
- Adds new Step to assign duration in seconds or ms since the start of a test to a variable.
- Adds new Step to assign the execution id of the currently running test to a variable.
- Adds new Step to click in an element and drag a specified number of pixels up/down and right/left.
- Adds new Step to unassign a variable.
- Adds new Step to verify a given Scenario exists.
- Adds new Step to verify that Cycle's terminal is in the expected state.
- Adds new Steps to type the username or password from saved credentials into the terminal, app, or browser.
- Adds option to add additional tuning parameters for group tests in an external file.
--tokenargument in Cycle CLI to
--userto specify user profile to use for execution.
- Changes Cycle-CLI Group test execution to not show full console output.
- Changes how Cycle licensing works to greatly reduce connection issues blocking license validation.
- Changes references to "devices" in Group Tests to instead use "workers" for consistency.
- Fixes an issue where Group Tests run through Cycle-CLI required a tag argument.
[2.5.0] - 2019-12-20
- Adds a Help & Support section into the Cycle Client for streamlined support ticket creation and log file packaging.
- Adds a new Dark mode to Cycle client.
- Adds ability for Scenario Outlines to use data imported from external sources: CSV files, SQL databases, MSQL databases, Data store. More info
- Adds new Notifications pane to Cycle's Project Directory panel to view recent notifications.
- Adds new settings for storing Connections and Credentials in Cycle.
- Adds a new failure setting for group tests: "Restart failed workers"
- Adds new Web API Steps for basic operations including
- Adds a new setting for users to specify JVM arguments for Cycle on startup.
- Adds a new Step to convert a specific list of chevron variables into dollar variables.
- Adds "View Details" button to Scenario Outline iteration failures for clearer insight into failure details.
- Adds a popup with more details on some Cycle notifications.
- Adds ability to create a log package of Cycle's recent activity for support case troubleshooting.
- Adds ability to deselect the selected worker in a Group Test.
- Adds access to an open port for monitoring Cycle's activity.
- Adds autofill suggestions for the new Scenario Outline data source options.
- Adds Copy button to error message popups for easier troubleshooting.
- Adds H2 as an option to the data extract tool.
- Adds moon/sun icon to Cycle status bar to toggle dark mode.
- Adds more helpful error message when trying to execute a test without a valid license.
- Adds new Color Mode setting in
Edit > Preferencesto switch to Dark mode.
- Adds new Cycle data store schema to support running Scenario Outlines with data store variables.
- Adds new Step for assigning a specific numbered item from a delimited list to a variable.
- Adds new Step for assigning all chevron variables to dollar variables.
- Adds new Step for assigning the value resulting from a WebAPI call to a variable.
- Adds new Step for MOCA connections that uses stored Connection and Credential information.
- Adds new Steps for working with JSON in Cycle.
- Adds pagination to Output panel results for better performance.
- Adds performance improvements to terminal monitoring view for group tests.
- Adds tags to datastore schema for greater flexibility with Scenario Outline datastore examples.
- Adds the ability to multi-select playlist items for quick removal.
- Adds truncation for long steps and error messages in Output Panel.
- Adds web Step for "I save web browser screenshot".
- Changes Group Test output to only display once a worker is selected.
- Changes the TCP port used by winapp driver to be a random one to help with multiple instances of Cycle running on VMs.
- Fixes an issue that caused Cycle to crash if verbose logging was on during a Group Test.
- Fixes an issue that caused the HTML reports to lose their formatting.
- Fixes an issue where HTML reports for large tests would sometimes fail to generate.
- Fixes an issue where the Step details popup window would not open.
- Fixes an issue with enabling the keyboard in a Group Test terminal not always working.
- Fixes an issue with HTML reports not linking to inner scenarios correctly.
- Fixes an issue with key-press steps not matching on the full word "Control".
- Fixes an issue with Tags after Examples in a Scenario Outlines not getting the correct formatting.
- Fixes an issue with terminals no longer showing underlines when the font size is changed.
- Fixes an issue with terminals taking longer to load by recycling Cycle's already open xterm instances.
- Fixes an issue with the correct styling not being applied to a commented-out Scenario Outline example.
- Fixes an issue with the pagination of results on larger tests.
- Fixes an issue with the Project Directory not always refreshing properly.
- Fixes an issue with the Step "I open JDA screen..." not working for screens that contained dashes in their names.
- Fixes an issue with cursor jumping to an unexpected position when switching between files.
- Fixes an issue with I enter, I scan, I type, Steps sometimes taking longer than they should.
- Fixes output panel performance issues.
- Fixes performance issue with Cycle's terminals lagging due to sizing issues.
- Fixes performance issues with Group Test monitoring view.
[2.4.0] - 2019-7-18
- Adds new steps for interaction with native apps
- Adds a button to bottom corner of the Inspector Panel to easily access the ETL tool
- Adds a new Cycle Step to clear the contents of the clipboard to ensure a clean starting position
- Adds ability to close the find function by pressing escape
- Adds ability to press enter key to move to next match in the Find function
- Adds full support for F-keys and PF keys for terminal interactions
- Adds images into reports for any failed steps in Native App tests
- Adds new button to hide/collapse Cycle's Project Directory panel
- Adds new Cycle Step to copy the file path of the current project directory into a variable
- Adds new logic to take a screenshot of the browser when any Web Step fails
- Adds new Step for "I copy
- Adds new steps for interaction with native apps
- Adds Password Reset functionality into the Cycle client
- Adds the ETL folder to the default project template so Cycle does not need to warn you that it doesn't exist when opening the ETL tool
- Adds WinApp Steps that can capture a specific attribute of a given object
- Changes Project Directory Panel to be collapsible
- Changes Reports directory to be relative to the current Project directory
- Changes Step Details popup window to be resizable and movable
- Changes the Project Settings panel to overlay the Project Directory rather than expanding from it
- Fixes an issue Cycle with scaling poorly at certain sizes
- Fixes an issue that made it more difficult to edit file paths in Group Tests
- Fixes an issue where clicking the details button would open multiple popup windows
- Fixes an issue where closing the find/replace tool moved the cursor
- Fixes an issue where Cycle could only handle 2 concurrent Webdrivers
- Fixes an issue where the left side of the terminal would be cut off in certain circumstances
- Fixes an issue with Cycle Project files becoming corrupted in certain situations
- Fixes an issue with long variable names not displaying correctly in output panel
- Fixes an issue with Scenario Outlines called from other Scenarios not failing when they should have
- Fixes an issue with Step descriptions in the Step Assistant tab not getting the correct formatting
- Fixes an issue with the output panel getting stuck during execution
- Fixes an issue with the Step Details popup not scaling images properly
- Fixes an issue with the Step verifying that a process is running being case sensitive; this Step is not case insensitive
- Fixes an issue with the terminal screen not getting fully captured in the details popup from the execution results
- Fixes an issue with verifying a variable is equal to a number
[2.3.0] - 2019-04-22
- Adds a new web Step:
I clear all text in element "<ELEMENT_ID>" in web browser
- Adds additional functionality to the
Test Connectionbutton in Data Store Connection settings to also verify whether the Data Store schema is using the latest version.
- Adds additional support for custom Key Mapping files including PF1-PF4 keys and F keys up to F44.
- Adds better helper text for Element IDs in web Steps to make it easier to write a valid Step.
- Adds bottom labels under some settings for additional clarification.
- Adds line numbers to the errors section of HTML reports to facilitate troubleshooting.
- Adds loading spinner on login button for visual feedback while credentials are being verified.
- Adds MOCA connection authorization via RP/JDA authorization tables.
- Adds more helpful error message if the Step
I execute MOCA dataset "<DATASET_DIRECTORY_PATH>"cannot find the file specified.
- Adds new Data Store schema with tables for captured images and terminal screens.
- Adds new look to find/replace function in editor.
- Adds new setting to adjust terminal font size.
- Adds new Steps for
I SHIFT click element...and
I CTRL click element....
- Adds new Steps for executing Groovy inline and through Groovy scripts.
- Adds the publishing of a Cycle
Application IDfor MOCA connections to aid in limiting Cycle's production access when appropriate.
- Adds tracking for database schema version to tell Cycle what to include in Data Store reports.
CLIENT_IDto some Steps that were missing those parameters and needed them.
- Changes Help Menu to contain a link to the Cycle Help Center.
- Changes button for
Create Database Tablesunder Data Store Connection to
Create/Update Database Tablesto reflect extended functionality of updating the Data Store schema.
- Changes Cycle-CLI log file to no longer print some unhelpful parsing information.
- Changes layout for Find/Replace function.
- Changes layout of Inspector Panel - tabs are now buttons in top-left corner and panel is collapsible from bottom-left corner.
- Changes the Step
Given I press <MINIMIZE|MAXIMIZE|CLOSE|RESTORE|FIND|SAVE|NEW|COPY|CUT|PASTE> Shortcutto remove the full list of pipe-separated values from the Step itself and add them as examples in the Step Assistant.
- Changes the Steps
I save screenshotand
I save screenshot as "<FILE_PATH>"to include screenshot images in web reports and Data Store whether or not the “save matched images” setting is turned on.
- Fixes a bug with some of our web Steps where the elements list was reversed when looking for the "Nth element" on a page with iFrames.
- Fixes a few variable assignment Steps that were being affected by the Step Delay setting but should not have been.
- Fixes a rounding issue with image match correlation settings.
- Fixes an issue that caused Projects to take longer than normal to load.
- Fixes an issue where Cycle was not releasing license under certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue where results would disappear from the Output pane if certain errors occurred.
- Fixes an issue where Step suggestions showed duplicates of the same Step.
- Fixes an issue where the autocomplete function would overwrite values that had been entered.
- Fixes an issue with start and end times not including milliseconds in Data Store.
- Fixes issue where Output Panel would show nothing if a test failed before executing first Step.
- Fixes some error messages that referenced old locations of settings.
[2.2.1] - 2019-02-18
- Adds a button to test Email Summary report settings.
- Adds a line counter for each file Cycle is reading from for smoother CSV interaction.
- Adds a prompt warning the user of currently running tests before closing Cycle.
- Adds ability to drag and drop files from one folder to another in the Project Directory panel.
- Adds better error messages if Cycle is unable to delete a file.
- Adds in more helpful error message when Cycle is unable to validate license.
- Adds in more helpful info when available for MOCA errors.
- Adds more helpful Cycle-CLI error messages.
- Adds new option in
Project settings > Advanced settingsfor SSL validation through a Truststore file.
- Adds Step "I open local terminal"
- Adds support for either forward slashes or backslashes in file path references throughout Cycle.
- Adds Telnet negotiation support for Cycle to have direct interaction with Windows Telnet service.
- Changes behavior of the Enable Keyboard in Group Tests option to also select the terminal clicked on.
- Changes Data Store connection fields to not show inapplicable fields for MOCA Databases.
- Changes output for Image Match steps to use the same units as the associated setting.
- Changes the "I stop tracing" Step to "I stop MOCA tracing" for better clarity.
- Fixes an issue breaking normal functionality of the "I open JDA screen..." Step.
- Fixes an issue displaying images in some HTML reports.
- Fixes an issue where line numbers referenced in error messages were incorrect.
- Fixes an issue where Open and Save dialogs would not default to the current Project directory.
- Fixes an issue where renaming a Feature in the file browser did not update the tab name of the open Feature.
- Fixes an issue with "I execute MOCA script..." forcing file paths to be relative.
- Fixes an issue with MOCA connections being blocked by SSL Certificate issues even if setting for
Skip SSL Validationwas turned on.
- Fixes an issue with pauses inside of inner Scenarios not being forwarded properly.
- Fixes an issue with the H2 logging creating a bunch of extra db files.
- Fixes an issue with the subject line of Email Summary reports saying "Root Node Failed" instead of the Feature name.
- Fixes Data Store connection fields to not show inapplicable fields for MOCA Databases.
- Fixes issue where "Test Failed" notification in message bar would not show relevant details on the cause of failure.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would jump focus to the top line in certain cases.
[2.2.0] - 2019-01-24
Version 2.2.0 introduces the Projects framework to Cycle!
- Adds new setting for Variable Blacklisting to mask values of blacklisted variables in Cycle output and reports.
- Adds support for 5-digit port numbers in Steps that reference specific ports.
- Adds "Line Wrapping" setting to have longer Steps wrap to multiple lines.
- Adds Project Name parameter to Cycle-CLI.
- Adds additional Step for connecting to H2 databases that require a
- The majority of settings formerly found in Cycle Preferences have been moved to the Project Settings panel. More Info
- Existing Cycle files will need to be imported as Projects after updating to this version.
- Cleaner output from Cycle-CLI tests, extra details related to logging moved to log file.
- Fixes an issue recalling blacklisted variables in certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue with captured images not being saved into the correct directory.
- Fixes issue with Playlists not executing Features located in subdirectories.
- Fixes issue with Login and Logout functions hanging briefly.
[2.1.1] - 2018-11-19
- Fixes an issue with Data Store connection to MOCA not using the specified port when one is included in MOCA Server URL.
- Fixes an error caused by restarting a terminal in a Group Test while logging results to H2 database.
- Fixes an implementation error with
If I see image...Step.
[2.1.0] - 2018-11-05
- Adds Microsoft Edge support for web Steps.
- Adds new prompt on quit of Cycle to save all unsaved files.
- Adds ability for all test types to log results to a CSV file.
- Adds new reporting settings to log results directly to a Data Store (JDBC, MOCA, H2).
- Adds empty state message to File Browser to guide new user on a fresh install on how to set a Resource Directory.
- Adds image of what was in terminal to results for
I see...in terminalSteps.
- Improves performance and reduces system resources used when running Group Tests.
- Expands support for all test types to report to a CSV file.
- Fixes Steps
I maximize Cycleand
I minimize Cycle.
- Fixes user prompt Steps hanging and not prompting the user.
- Fixes broken status icon on stopped Playlists.
- Fixes issue with
I open new tab in web browserStep in Internet Explorer.
- Fixes issue with
I press keys...in terminalStep failing when it should not.
[2.0.2] - 2018-09-28
- Adds "Jump to first error" option to context menu in Output Panel.
- Adds more intuitive drag and drop behavior when creating Group Tests.
- Updates auto-suggest when saving Feature files to suggest current name of the tab.
- Adds new Step for connecting to H2 databases.
- Adds support for legacy MOCA socket connections.
- Adds better error handling for invalid MOCA connection attempts.
- Adds activity indicator for Data Extract tool.
- Adds "Pertinent Settings" section to Step Assistant tab.
- Adds "Go to line" functionality to context menu in Output Panel.
- Adds option for "Verbose log files" to Advanced Settings.
- Adds new Step for closing SQL connections.
- Adds support for Enter key to login dialog.
- Includes worker name in output of Group Tests.
- Updates support email address displayed in Help menu.
- Updates Output Panel behavior to auto-scroll when an individual worker is selected.
- Increases performance for some back end processes.
- Increases performance on longer-running Group Tests.
- Increases performance on larger-volume Group Tests.
- Scrolling improvements added for Output Panel.
- Improves performance for terminal-based executions.
- Updates branding on email summary report to use latest Cycle logo.
- Improves performance of Output Panel for Playlists and Group Tests.
- More helpful error messages when Cycle cannot locate an element within a larger element.
- Improves stability after resetting terminals as a Step during Group Tests.
- Better stability for navigating around Cycle while Data Extract Tool is running.
- Updates Terminal Recording to use the screen size specified in the "Connect to terminal server" dialog.
- No longer allows a Group Test to begin execution without a Group Name, Feature File, and CSV file.
- Fixes issue with
I execute MOCA dataset…Step stalling.
- Addresses issue with Cycle locking up if an individual worker in a Group Test is selected.
- Fixes inverse ordering of Steps in HTML reports.
- Fixes issue with
I prompt…Step hanging on execution.
- Fixes overlapping issue with line/column indicators on Cycle's terminal.
- Fixes issue with reports failing to generate for Cycle-CLI executions.
- Fixes overlapping issue with some Playlist and Group Test rows.
- Fixes issue causing UI to lock up when opening and modifying Group Tests in multiple tabs.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would continue execution after a given Feature, Playlist or Group Test was closed manually.
- Fixes issue accessing $row_count variable from MOCA command.
- Updates some replacement Step suggestions.
- Fixes issue with saving tags for Group Tests.
- Fixes issue with Pause and Stop not responding during some executions.
- Fixes issue with executed Scenarios not displaying in chronological order on Web reports.
- Fixes issue with
I open new tab in web browserStep causing an error in Chrome. For IE,
I press keys "CTRL+T"still preferable.
- Fixes issue with restarting a device in a Group Test causing the whole Group Test to freeze up.
- Fixes issue with Terminal Recording not outputting valid Steps.
- Fixes issue where selecting a tag for Group Test execution would affect the selection of other tags.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would hang if license key was not properly encrypted.
- Fixes issue with Cycle-CLI aborting at the end of execution.
- Fixes issue where MOCA commands would still execute after MOCA connection was closed.
- Fixes issue with Enable/Disable keyboard button in Cycle Ribbon not being clickable when it should be.
- Fixes issue with Cycle recording incorrect cursor positions during Terminal recording.
- Fixes issue with dragging Feature Files from file browser into Group Tests.
- Fixes issue with placeholder text in Group Test fields not disappearing when clicked.
[2.0.1] - 2018-07-11
- Adds a default timeout of 120 seconds to the Step:
I navigate to "<URL>" in web browser.
- Adds support for WIN key in key-press Steps.
- Ports forward the user variable
lastMocaCommandthat was available in previous Cycle versions.
- Adds replacement Step information to hover text for deprecated Steps in the Editor.
- Adds support for arrow keys to desktop recording tool.
- Ports forward two additional Steps from version 1.11:
I hold down keys <KEY_OR_KEY_COMBINATION>and
I release keys <KEY_OR_KEY_COMBINATION>.
- Fixes issue that kept the following Step from recognizing images:
I click "Image:<IMAGE_FILE_PATH>" with correlation <NUMBER> within <NUMBER> seconds.
- Improves error messages for
I do not see...image Steps so they are less confusing.
- Fixes unexpected errors when stopping a Playlist.
- Fixes an issue in a specific context where closing a tab without saving would freeze Cycle.
- Fixes subject line of Email Summary reports for Group Tests so they correctly indicate pass or fail.
- Makes pause functionality work with terminal validation and key-press Steps.
- Fixes pause functionality when executing web and terminal tests.
- Corrects timestamp in CSV reports for devices that were reset during Group Test execution.
- Corrects Group Test web reports so they include Steps if that setting is selected in Cycle's Preferences.
- Fixes issue that allows terminal connection Steps to pass even when invalid server information is provided.
- Fixes the following Step so it catches error messages displayed in the terminal:
I see error message "<ERROR_MESSAGE_TEXT>" in terminal.
- Enables multiple tags to be selected and run in a Group Test without error.
- Corrects issues with the identifier being recognized when executing these deprecated MOCA Steps:
identifier <LOAD|SUBLOAD|DETAIL|LOCATION> "<TEXT>" contains <NUMBER> unitsand
identifier <LOAD|SUBLOAD|DETAIL|TRAILER> "<TEXT>" is in location "<TEXT>".
- Makes the following deprecated Step work as expected:
I start tracing to trace file "<PATH_TO_FILE>".
- Fixes reversed parameters in the following Steps:
I assign next value from sequence "<SEQUENCE>" to "<VARIABLE_NAME>"and
I get the next value for sequence "<TEXT>" as "<TEXT>".
- Enables terminal key-press Steps to press alphanumeric keys.
I execute SQL script "<SQL_FILE_PATH>",
I clean out data from SQL dataset "<PATH_TO_CLEANUP>", and
I execute cleanup script for SQL dataset "<DATASET_DIRECTORY_PATH>".
- Fixes unexpected error received when executing deprecated
RF line contains...Steps.
- Corrects issue causing Auto Complete to overwrite existing valid Step when the Enter key is pressed.
- Enables Inspector Panel to detect tags separated by a line break.
File > Recentmenu include files created, saved, and closed within the current Cycle session.
- Corrects issue with licenses not getting valid serial numbers on Windows machines.
- Fixes reports so that angle bracketed-words (e.g., variable names) are displayed appropriately.
A major design overhaul brings new tools into Cycle’s user interface!
- The Cycle Ribbon gives quick access to buttons for inserting Scenarios, Backgrounds, After Scenarios, keywords and other content into the Editor, as well as recording terminal and desktop actions.
- A convenient File Browser panel allows easy navigation to Cycle resources.
- The Image Accessory simplifies the process of capturing images, and inserting and renaming images within Cycle Steps.
- The Cycle Preferences area brings a fresh layout to configuring Cycle.
A handy New Inspector Panel to the right of the Editor includes:
- Step Assistant tab, which gives immediate info on Steps, including parameters and examples, while creating or editing a Feature.
- Settings tab, which allows for quick overrides to Cycle’s default preferences for specific Features, Playlists, or Group Tests.
- Output tab, which shows the currently executing and previously executed Steps.
Data Extract tool redesigned to pop into side panel rather than overtaking the Editing window.
- The terminal window is now integrated into Cycle's Editor.
- Playlists and Group tests support drag-and-drop for adding/moving items.
Feature File Editor Improvements:
- Auto Complete won't remove pre-filled parameters
- Auto Complete will flag deprecated Steps and provide replacement Steps
- Deprecated Step warnings
- Real-time tag and Scenario counters
Improved logging to resolve support issues
- Smarter Step delay does not affect Steps that are fully contained within Cycle, such as setting variables
- Improved failure handling options
- More intuitive Group Test drill-down and navigation
- Next generation execution engine brings significant performance increase
- License check ignores SSL/TLS Certificate issues
New Steps added:
I right click element "id:loginButton" in web browser (within 3 seconds)
I verify last error is equal to "404 Page not found"
I verify scenario status is equal to "failed/skipped/passed"
I verify last error is defined
I verify last error is undefined
I verify scenario passed
I verify scenario failed